SIM card for South Africa
- No roaming in South Africa
- We register and activate the SIM card for you, so that you can use the SIM immediately
- Will receive local South African number (once order has been processed)
- Cheap local rates
- Complete cost control. No hidden fees or charges. (Prepaid SIM)
- No credit check. No contracts
- Perfect for iPhone, iPad, tablets, smartphones of all kinds, laptops or UMTS sticks and mobile Wi-Fi routers. (Any SIM lock free device)
- Step by step instructions on how to use
- Fast mobile internet data - see available options and packages
Never pay for roaming in South Africa again! We created travSIM for you to enjoy an easy, worry-free way of staying connected wherever you are!
We offer you a worry free way to make calls, send SMS’s and connect to the internet in South Africa. You get a local South African SIM card and can enjoy the cheap local rates in South Africa. Depending on the option you choose you get free minutes to the South Africa landline and mobile networks. You also get SMS bundles and mobile data to use with your smartphone, tablet or laptop. The SIM card is suitable for all kinds of devices. Please ensure that the devices you want to use are SIM lock free.
- No contract, no roaming, no extra cost, no worries. Simple cause its prepaid
- We register and activate the SIM for you so you can start using the SIM the minute you arrive in South Africa
- Fast and FREE shipping worldwide
- We offer all SIM card sizes (standard, micro & nano) for all kinds of devices
- Fast mobile internet wherever you are in South Africa
- Good network quality everywhere in South Africa
- The internet is uncapped to the data amount offered in the option.
- Good Network Quality everywhere in South Africa. See map
International call option Countries
Alaska, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Guam, Hawaii, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Laos, Macao, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, South Korea,Spain, Sweden, Thailand, United Kingdom,USA
You can call other countries as well only the amount of minutes will be less. See under tariff for more details.
Check if your device is SIM lock free
Network coverage map for South Africa
This above coverage map is for the network coverage of Vodacom in South Africa. All populated areas are covered and big cities have a LTE coverage. This picture is just to give you a general overview. Please go to following website to view the interactive map.
The network provider is Vodacom South Africa. For more information please also view the website of the network provider.travSIM is not a network provider and therefore cannot guarantee for the quality or network coverage. However we choose Vodacom as the network provider as it has the best voice and data network quality in South Africa.
Standard Tariff plan for our South African SIM card
|Vodacom Anytime per Second|
|Calls to landlines||R1.20|
|Calls to any mobile number in South Africa||R1.20|
|SMS – All Day||R0.50|
|International SMS – All Day||R1.74|
|International calls without a international option from||R4.80|
|International calls with international option from||R0.89|
If you can to do any international calls please buy one of the international otion to qualify for very cheap international call rates.
If you booked one of the international call option, you qualify for following rates
|Calling rate||R0.89 per Minute||R1.19 per Minute||R1.79 per Minute||R2.89 per Minute||R3.79 per Minute||R4.19 per Minute|
|Country of Manufacture||South Africa|
|Activation||Yes, We activate the SIM card for you the day before your departure date|
|Can be used in sim locked devices?||No|
|Compatible with||iPhone, iPad, Smartphone, Tablet, mobile WiFi router|
|Network type||2G / GPRS, 3G / UMTS, 4G / LTE|
|SIM size||3 in 1 (Mini, Mciro & Nano)|
|Tethering allowed||in all devices enabled|
|SIM card has phone number||SIM card has a South African phone number|
|Please choose on of the following options for 30 days||No|
|Delivery time||2 - 5 working days inside the EU, 3 - 10 working days worldwide|